Premiered on Jun 21, 2022
Over $8 million in tax dollars have been funneled to China. Will the United States keep funding Chinese research? Dr. Anthony Fauci responds.
Beijing bans Tesla drivers from entering a certain area. Some suspect the communist regime fears the American carmaker can access its data.
Elon Musk says he can balance his Tesla interests in China with his Twitter acquisition.
On the other hand, a Chinese professional urges Beijing to destroy Musk’s Starlink satellites.
In one of China’s biggest tech hubs, authorities give in to the demands of the people after a massive protest demanding COVID-19 restrictions be eased.
Another gas explosion strikes China. The accident left 23 people injured, and three of them with severe burns.
Topics in this episode:
- Will the NIH Stop Funding Chinese Research?
- Tesla Cars Banned From China Leaders’ Meeting
- Musk: No Problems Balancing China, Tesla, Twitter
- Chinese Media Takes Aim At Elon Musk’s Starlink
- Protest Over Closed Public Transit
- ‘Miracle’ City Shenzhen Under Partial Lockdown
- Explosion in Tianjin: 3 Severely Injured
- China Approves Military Directive for Non-war Use
- Interview: Eftimiades on China’s Tech Theft and More
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”